I’m reaching out to provide career resources you can share with your students. We understand it’s difficult to plan for the future when the job market – and the world – are characterized by uncertainty. While we cannot change the circumstances, DePaul’s Career Center is here to provide guidance and support. Our staff and career advisors are poised to help students navigate the job market, determine their next steps, and identify ways to stand out in the job search.
Is your student graduating soon? Encourage them to become part of the Career Center’s Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight. We’re highlighting 2020 graduating seniors on our website and via social media to help build their networks and boost their exposure to potential employers and recruiters. Interested students can fill out this form and join the DePaul Class of 2020: Career Resources LinkedIn group.
Other things your student can do – whether they’re just starting out or are preparing to launch their career – are:
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a career advisor via phone or Zoom.
- Check out the career library and our COVID-19 Career Resources page – both are updated regularly.
- Log in to the Handshake platform to find job & internship opportunities. Check out this list of 500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now.
- Search for and connect with over 1,500 alumni volunteers for career, academic and life advice on the DePaul ASK network.
- Subscribe to the HireDePaul blog to receive helpful information like How Do I Job Search in the Middle of a Pandemic?
We look forward to connecting with your students.
Assistant Vice President
DePaul University Career Center