Spending a lot more time at home? Need something to keep you busy on your outdoor walks? One great way to gain insider knowledge into Health Care & Science careers is by listening to podcasts!
Podcasts are usually free, often created by fantastic experts, and can help you learn no matter where you are in your career journey. Listen through Spotify, Stitcher, Apple Podcasts or any comparable app.
- The #HCBiz Show: #HCBiz describes itself as a “practical podcast on the business of healthcare.” Hosts Don Lee and Shahid Shah help break down challenges in healthcare, why they exist and how to work around them, plus they explore psychology, healthcare IT, policy and administration. A well-rounded listen for anyone interested in the intersections of healthcare and business or healthcare and IT!
- Healthcare Rap: A unique combination, for sure! Podcast team “#digitalhealth influencer” and rapper Jared Johnson and health care industry veteran Peter Balistrieri discuss new ways to market health care. Join their posse for unique insights on health care presented in an approachable format!
- Science Vs: Join super enthusiastic host Wendy Zuckerman and her team of friendly fact checkers as they disprove “your firmly held opinions and replace them with science…wondering whether you should drink detox teas like an insta-celeb, or believe your drunk uncle’s rant about gun control?” Listen in and learn today!
- Ologies with Alie Ward: Maybe you’re an aspiring biologist… but do you know about toxinology (the study of jellyfish venom) or gastroegyptology (the science of bread baking!) or plumology (the study of feathers)? Learn about “ologies” familiar and exotic in this unique science podcast!-Gastropod: Gastropod “looks at food through the lens of science and history.” Co-hosts Cynthia Graber and Nicola Twilley cook up two new episodes a month, and their most recent delves into “the most dangerous fruit in America” (the watermelon, thanks to its intertwining history with racism). Listen and learn (preferably on a full stomach!)
- Podcasts are a fantastic way to learn about employers, industries and career paths
- Use your extra time at home or when walking to learn through podcasts
- Check out our recommended health care & science podcasts and ask your friends, professors and internship supervisors for recommendations too!