By: Emily Palmeri, DePaul University honors marketing major ’18 and ASK marketing intern
There’s a famous saying that reads “out with the old and in with the new”. DePaul’s Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK) Network is embracing that phrase in a BIG way. We are excited to introduce depaulasknetwork.com, the new and improved mentorship platform for the ASK program.
The new platform, powered by PeopleGrove, lets you define your mentorship needs on your terms. Users are able to connect with DePaul alumni, engage in discussions and form groups centered on shared cultures, communities and interests. Networking and connecting are made easy with features like introductory message templates, video-chat capabilities, and the ability to sync your profile with LinkedIn.
Handshake will still be used as the Career Center’s job, internship and event system but the mentorship portal will be redirected to the ASK Network’s new location, depaulasknetwork.com. Interested in making network connections? Let’s get started!
Use these four quick and easy steps to join the ASK Network:
- Visit depaulasknetwork.com and click on “Join the ASK Network” button
- Complete your profile using your Campus Connect credentials. Mentors and alumni may choose to login with LinkedIn.
- Once approved, start exploring the ASK Network, asking questions and searching for mentors in the “Network” section.
- Still have questions? Check out the FAQs page or contact us at email@example.com
Benefits of mentorship
By taking advantage of the ASK Network, you will be able to:
- Grow your network, and make connections in your field
- Gain key insights about your industry
- Strengthen your interpersonal skills for improved interviewing
- Discover emerging trends that affect your job search
- Explore the day-to-day nature of your next job
- Develop supportive mentorships along the way
Make the most of it!
The mentors of the ASK network truly care about you! Your success is their success. Because the alumni have offered their time and resources, it is important to be respectful of their time. Make sure your profile is up to date, your introductions are well-written and questions are prepared in advance before interacting. Not only will this amplify the validity of the connection, but demonstrate your commitment to your career aspiration and goals.
Life is about surrounding yourself with people who truly care about your development. And with the ASK Network, those people are a click away!
The goal of DePaul’s ASK Network is to connect DePaul students and graduates with alumni to explore college and professional transitions, life challenges, and university and career questions.
For any questions regarding the ASK Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-262-8281.