Have you ever noticed that Handshake suggests internship and job listings to you when you log into your account? These little boxes included on your home page’s center panel provide you with a few key details and offer you the option to either learn more (click “View Details”) or begin your application (click “Apply”).
Sounds great, right? But if you’re an education major and you’re seeing positions in logistics and supply chain management, it may not be as helpful as you would like. The fix is simple! Take a few moments to personalize your Handshake experience by completing the “Love what you do. Do what you love.” questionnaire.
Finding your perfect opportunity might be as simple as answering six key questions. The survey will walk you through identifying the following:
- What you’d like Handshake to help you find such as job listings, information about career events, networking opportunities, etc.
- The types of positions you are seeking such as full-time or part-time jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, graduate programs, etc.
- Where you’d like to live post-graduation
- The industries that intrigue you
- The types of job functions that interest you or what type of work you want to do
- And when you expect to graduate
That’s it! Handshake will use that information to populate your home page with relevant opportunities, and the Career Center will use it to help inform you about events, and more.
Think your responses may change over time? No problem! Simply click on “Your Career Interests” on the left-hand navigation panel to edit your responses in the future.
If, on the other hand, you are struggling to select responses to the mostly multiple choice items on the survey, see your career advisor. We’re ready and waiting to help you explore and identify job functions, industries, and geographic markets that will best fit your career goals. Check out our website for more information on connecting with your advisor!